Program Board offers eight more events this October

d_paintinginpowers_photo_9-12-24_03
Central Michigan freshman Addisen Timpf paints with watercolors at the Painting in Powers event on Thursday, Sept. 12, in Powers room 136. The CMU Program Board hosted the event. (CM-Life | Soli Gordon)

The Program Board at Central Michigan University will be hosting several events through the end of October -- from a college cook off to a Halloween horror movie show.

Jenna Steeb, the vice president of marketing for the Program Board, said in total this semester, the organization will host 30 different events, and eight of them are upcoming this month.

"We're really excited about the high number (of events)," Steeb said. 

Some of those are:

• “Silent Disco: Battle of the Decades” will be held at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 16 in Multi-Activity Center Gym 1 of the Student Activity Center. Unlike a traditional disco with music from loudspeakers, students will be given headphones all playing the same music. To match the decade theme, the Program Board is asking students to dress as a decade. 
  • "Karaoke Kraze" will be held at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 22 in the Bovee University Center Auditorium. Steeb said this will be a traditional karaoke event where students can come and sing. 
  • "College Cook-Off" will be held at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 24 at the Eatery Teach Kitchen at the Towers. This event is in partnership with Central Michigan University Dining and will be teaching students to make Kimbap, a type of sushi. 

An Instagram post made by the Program Board discussing the upcoming October events.