CRIME LOG: CMUPD handles harassment, property damage, library scare by 'Friday the 13th' cosplayer

CMUPD vehicle parked on campus, taken on Oct. 24, 2024.

The following incidents were among those handled by Central Michigan University Police Department from Oct. 9 to Oct 22.

Oct. 9

At 5:45 a.m. CMUPD received a complaint from a 34-year-old female that a 31-year-old male was harassing her at the Student Activity Center. CMUPD told the male to stop contacting her, and he said he understood.

Oct. 12

At 5 p.m. CMUPD received a report from an 18-year-old female that a male touched her during the football game. CMUPD made contact with the 63-year-old male who denied wrongdoing and was asked to leave the stadium. CMUPD later determined that no crime was committed.

Oct. 19

At 6 p.m. an 18-year-old male reported that someone used his Doordash account to buy food without his permission, after he initially gave her his account information. CMUPD spoke with the 18-year-old female offender who paid him back.

Oct. 21

At 10:25 a.m. CMUPD observed a motorcycle driving on the sidewalk without a license plate. The 42-year-old male driver said he knew he shouldn’t be driving on the sidewalk and was cited for driving while his driver’s license was suspended and with no insurance.

At 10:20 p.m. CMUPD received a report that someone was walking inside the campus library wearing a ski mask. Officers eventually identified the 18-year-old male, who said he didn’t have any bad intentions and was just trying to be funny. The man wore a black and red hoodie in a  horror movie mask resembling Friday the 13th.

Oct. 22

CMUPD saw a damaged sign pole on campus. Following tire tracks leading to lot 75, they found video of the incident and a vehicle being towed from the area. CMUPD called the tow truck company to get the license plate and identified the driver. The 35-year-old male admitted to driving off the road but was unaware he hit a sign.

At 12:30 p.m. a 27-year-old female reported damage to her vehicle while it was parked. The vehicle had been keyed: someone ran their key along the outside, scraping it. CMUPD have no suspects yet.