Board of Trustees to look at 2024-25 budget, tuition

Formal meeting set for 11:30 a.m. Tuesday

d_boardoftrustees_1-6-24_05

An agenda for The Board of Trustees sits in the lap of an attendee, Tuesday, Feb. 6, in the Bovee University Center. (CM-Life | Nico Mendoza | file) 

Central Michigan University’s 2024-25 operating budget, tuition rates, and housing and food costs are all expected to be finalized Tuesday during the Board of Trustees’ last formal meeting of the fiscal year. The session is also expected to look at the Student Government Association’s proposed student sustainability fee and include an update on the presidential search process. 

The university’s fiscal year ends June 30. 

Tuesday’s formal session will follow a series of committee meetings, scheduled to begin Monday afternoon. All sessions take place in the President’s Conference Room on the third floor of the Bovee University Center. 

The agenda for Monday includes: 

• Policy and Bylaws Committee (1:45 -2:15 p.m.): the discussion of action items such as traffic control orders and amendments, and changes to the naming opportunity policy. 
  • Academic and Student Affairs Committee (2:30-3:30 p.m.): updates from Provost and Executive Vice President Nancy Mathews on CMU’s new academic vision; Vice President of Student Recruitment and Retention Jennifer DeHaemers on enrollment; and Interim Vice President of Student Affairs Stan Shingles and members of the division leadership on the student food pantry and student well-being. 
  • Finance and Facilities Committee (3:45-4:15 p.m.): the discussion on action items include the student sustainability fee, proposed network upgrades from the Office of Information Technology, endowments and a naming opportunity. 

Tuesday’s formal session is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. and -- in addition to the budget, tuition and housing costs -- is slated to include, among others: 

• An update on the presidential search process
  • Possible approval of the student sustainability fee
  • and updates to the traffic control ordinances and naming opportunities policy

Board meetings are open forums, and public comment is welcomed. To participate, submit a request ahead of the formal session by completing the “Request to Address the Board” form online, or visit the Office of the President (106 Warriner Hall) to fill out a request card. 

All meetings will also be livestreamed. You can watch Monday’s committee meetings and Tuesday’s formal session online during the designated meeting times.