Board of Trustees to hold special session March 15

d-bot-art-021623-02
President Bob Davies gives a report to the CMU Board of Trustees on Feb. 16. Davies began his report by acknowledging the recent shooting at Michigan State University and asked for a moment of silence.

On Friday, March 15, the Central Michigan University Board of Trustees will be holding a special session to begin the search for CMU's next  president.

The meeting will be held virtually at 11 a.m. and will be open to the university community and to the general public. There will not be an in-person option to attend the meeting.

According to the agenda, the trustees will meet to appoint members of the presidential search advisory committee and to review the next steps in the presidential search. 

The search for CMU’s next president formally began during a Board of Trustees meeting on Feb. 6, after President Bob Davies announced his resignation on Jan. 31. 

During the meeting this Friday, trustees will also provide an update on the presidential search. 

Ari Harris, the executive director of University Communications said the university is still in its early stages of the search. 

“At this point the only thing that has been decided at that February meeting was that the university would begin a search and that Board of Trustees Vice Chair, Dr. Denise Mallett would be the trustee to sort of lead that,” she said. 

Following the updates and requested trustee actions, the meeting will open up for public comment. 

“I think the trustees made it very clear at the February meeting that they wanted the search process to be as inclusive as possible,” Harris said. “They really wanted to ensure that the search for the president involved as many voices of students, faculty, staff, alumni and community partners as possible.”